CAUSE THERE'S MORE TO DO THAN JUST MOVE IT MOVE IT.

Monday, April 2, 2012

A little advice

Every Sunday I look forward to reading 2 things.

One is The Speaking Tree which is a newspaper full of articles about spirituality, old folk tales, a few non funny jokes and healthy living in general. Sometimes it's got too much wisdom to handle on a holiday.

But more than that I enjoy reading Devdutt Pattnaik's articles in Mid-Day which tell us how to deal with our day to day lives by giving examples from Indian mythology.

Here's some wisdom from yesterday's newspaper:

Mid-day newspaper, 1 April, 2012

This article had nothing to do literally with disrobing so if that's what you thought please read it again. What I learnt from it was to surround myself with the positive influences in my life that help me grow and to cut out the Duryodhans. We are all able to identify them and yet we let them affect us so often.
Such simple advice told through old stories is such an interesting read.

My sister had a class in her MBA program where they were taught to apply the principles of the  Bhagavad Gita to increase Managerial Effectiveness.
Now you might wonder about how what Krishna said to Arjun has anything to do with our lives in the 21st Century but to me it actually made a lot of sense.

I wouldn't call myself a religious person but I welcome advice from the most unexpected places.

Anything that helps me become a better human being.

So whether you follow a God, a Guru, Mr. Miyagi, Yoda or Oogway, all that matters is that we should  grow to become the best person we possibly can be.

Have a great week!

May the Force be with you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...